Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 9 Hansard (25 August) . . Page.. 3984..
(2) What was the subject of each completed RIS.
(3) How many matters should have, but did not have, an RIS prepared.
(4) What was the subject of each matter for which an RIS should have been prepared but was not.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Four for the 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 financial years.
(2) Subjects for each RIS are as follows:
Subjects Racing and Wagering Industry Challenges Road Transport (Third Party Insurance) Amendment Bill 2010 (No 2) Gaming Machine Amendment Bill 2011 Change of Use Charge
(3) None. I consider that the law and guidelines in relation to Regulatory Impact Statements have been applied appropriately.
(4) See (3) above.
Housing—affordability (Question No 1684)
Mr Seselja asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 30 June 2011:
(1) In relation to the Chief Minister's Statement of Government Priorities for 2011-12, given that the priority of Housing options for all Canberrans, Priority 4, includes providing greater diversity of housing appropriate for all ages (a) what measures in the 2011-12 Budget will assist in affordable and appropriate housing for elderly Canberrans, (b) by applying the Lease Variation Charge to units and self-contained retirement units, how will this affect this objective for the young and the elderly in particular, (c) why is there no direct measure of achievement for older persons housing, (d) how will the Government measure its support of housing options for the elderly and (e) how will these initiatives be funded or where will funding be redirected from, if there are initiatives to assist in achieving this objective that are not funded through the budget.
(2) What measures is the Government pursuing to ensure it meets the housing supply target.
(3) Given that the Chief Minister noted in the Assembly that further initiatives will be progressed to support housing affordability, when will these initiatives be released.
(4) When will the Government announce initiatives or take action from its update to the affordable housing strategy.
(5) How much funding is allocated in 2011-12 to rejuvenate the public housing stock and what type of work will be completed.