Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 8 Hansard (18 August) . . Page.. 3604..
(1) When did the ACT Government sell Block 2, Section 22, Phillip.
(2) What was the land valued at.
(3) How much was paid by the purchaser for the block.
(4) Was the land sale amount discounted; if so, for what reason was it discounted.
(5) What evidence was there that there was need for a discount.
(6) Why did the Government decide to sell the site.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The ACT Government has not sold Block 2 Section 22 Phillip. A 99 year Crown lease over Block 2 commenced on 31 July 1999 for the purposes of public heated swimming pools and ice skating rink and for purposes incidental thereto. The lease is a rental lease and the lessee is required to pay quarterly payments to the Territory.
(2) to (6)
See response to question 1 above.
Schools—community halls (Question No 1679)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 30 June 2011:
(1) How many community halls were built from Federal Building the Education Revolution funds.
(2) Where are these halls located.
(3) What are the terms of agreement for community use of these halls.
(4) Are community groups able to access these halls.
(5) At what rates can the community hire these halls.
(6) How is access to these halls promoted to the public and/or community groups.
(7) What arrangements are made with the schools in terms of night time entry, exit and security if community groups use the halls.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1) In total, twenty ACT public schools had projects approved under the Building the Education Revolution initiative involving school halls. This includes new halls, hall extensions and hall refurbishments under the Primary Schools for the 21st Century (P21) program and refurbishment work under the National School Pride (NSP) program.