Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 6 Hansard (23 June) . . Page.. 2577..
Ms Burch: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) I will not release this information as it is likely to compromise security and good order at Bimberi Youth Justice Centre.
(2) The electronic security system is maintained by an external provider SECOM who were responsible for installing the security system at Bimberi Youth Justice Centre. Centre staff at Bimberi Youth Justice Centre, during shifts, check that CCTV footage is working and SECOM undertake testing of the security system three times a year, with the last testing occurring from 18 April 2011 until 29 April 2011.
(3) See response to (1) above.
(4) See response to (1) above.
Insurance—compensation claims (Question No 1610)
Mr Smyth asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 6 April 2011:
(1) What has been the compulsory third party premium and the registration fee for taxis operating in the ACT for each of the past five years.
(2) How have these premiums and fees compared with those which have applied in New South Wales.
(3) What has been the number of crashes involving taxis for each of the past five years and how many of these crashes resulted in injuries to any person.
(4) How many claims for compensation have been made as a result of crashes involving taxis for each of the past five years.
(5) How many of those claims referred to in part (4) are still outstanding.
(6) What was the quantum of the compensation paid for those claims which have been finalised for each of the past five years.
(7) Have any claims for compensation involved a person who has received catastrophic injuries; if so, how many of these claims have been lodged for each of the past five years.
(8) What has been the quantum of claims made for persons who have received catastrophic injuries.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The position in the ACT with respect to compulsory third party (CTP) premiums and registration fees for taxis over the past five years is as follows: