Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 5 Hansard (5 May) . . Page.. 2017..
- Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services (DHCS)
- Department of Land and Property Services (LAPS)
Non-government groups and agencies will be consulted during the draft policy review process.
(3) ACTPLA is the convener of the working group and provides advice on community garden land use planning and leasing issues in respect to the provisions of the Territory Plan and Planning and Development Act 2007.
TAMS is the land custodian for most public urban open space in Canberra and is responsible for the administration of current licenses for community gardens on public land. It provides advice in relation to potential sites for community gardens.
DET provides advice and information on community gardens and school kitchen gardens on public school sites in the ACT.
DECCEW administers environment grants available to community garden groups and provides advice on its links with academic and environment groups and on general policy matters.
ACT Health administers the Community Funding Round and Healthy Schools Healthy Children Funding Round which fund garden projects from eligible organisations.
DHCS provides opportunities for public housing tenants to establish community gardens on public housing land and provides grants to assist tenants to establish community gardens.
LAPS administers the land release program and direct sale applications, and liaises with residential estate developers who wish to include community gardens within residential estates.
(4) The working group reports to the Chief Planning Executive, ACTPLA, and to the Minister for Planning. It will also report back to the Assembly in response to the Assembly motion of 9 March 2011 on community gardens.
(5) The ACT Community Gardens Policy Working Group was established to develop a policy for community gardens on unleased Territory land. This was in response to growing community interest in community gardens, as expressed through community consultation and specific site requests.
The scope of work has since been extended to include the matters raised in the Assembly motion of 9 March 2011.
Arts—You Are Here festival (Question No 1630)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for the Arts and Heritage, upon notice, on 7 April 2011 (redirected to the Chief Minister):
(1) Does the Government plan to hold a festival similar to the You Are Here festival in 2012.