Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 5 Hansard (5 May) . . Page.. 2008..
The salaries funding allocated to this program is $202 003.
3) The overall salaries cost for field staff working in behaviour management programs for the last three financial years is;
2009/10 - $1,427,234
2008/09 - $1,207,375
2007/08 - $1,171,154
Schools—chaplaincy program (Question No 1620)
Mr Doszpot asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 7 April 2011:
(1) Can the Minister provide a list of all public schools in the ACT that have a chaplaincy program, with corresponding funding, chaplain numbers and student participation numbers over the last three financial years.
(2) Can the Minister provide a list of all schools with counsellors, with corresponding information pertaining to number of counsellors, student participation numbers and funding allocation over the last three financial years.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1) School Boards decide whether they would like a chaplaincy program in their schools. Schools are not required to report to the Department of Education and Training if they have a chaplain. The National School Chaplaincy Program is an Australian Government-funded initiative. The Department does not provide funding for school chaplaincy programs.
2) All ACT Public schools have access to a school counsellor.
YEAR FTE school counsellor positions January 2008 45 January 2009 40.5* January 2010 40.5*
*Represents the budgeted amount of FTE for school counsellors however, senior counsellors, who provide clinical supervision of school counsellors, provide an additional 2.5 FTE of support in schools. YEAR No of students accessing school counsellor services 2008 3851 2009 5036 2010 5178