Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 3 Hansard (31 March) . . Page.. 1276..
(3) If community consultation is planned, when will this community consultation commence and end.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The draft Conservation Management Plan (CMP) for the Former Transport Depot, Kingston has been completed and was presented to the Heritage Council on 10 March 2011 for comment. Feedback from the Heritage Council will be incorporated into the final plan before it is resubmitted for Heritage Council endorsement.
(3) Community consultation will take place mid 2011. The consultation period will be advertised widely.
Design and Review Panel—replacement (Question No 1600)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 10 March 2011:
(1) Why was a decision made to fold the Design and Review Panel and what has been put in its place.
(2) Is the replacement system playing the same role as the Design and Review Panel.
(3) Have there been complaints about the lack of such a panel.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The decision to cease the Design Review Panel was made in 2005-06 as part of the short-term reforms for the ACT's planning system. A Major Project Review Group (MPRG) has been established in its place to provide advice on significant and sensitive proposals.
(2) Not entirely. The Design Review Panel provided advice on significant and sensitive proposals prior to the preparation of the proponent's High Quality Sustainable Design Response Report and prior to the lodgement of the Development Application (DA). The MPRG may consider significant and sensitive proposals prior to the submission of the DA, however, this is more likely to be after the DA is lodged.
(3) I have received no complaints.