Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 3 Hansard (31 March) . . Page.. 1237..
sector training courses. There are a number of measures that were in place in 2010 to discuss and develop any programs that might address these workforce issues:
* The Children's Services Forum meets quarterly and is chaired by the Minister for Children and Young People. Some of the Forum members include representatives directly linked with approved training providers from the University of Canberra, the Canberra Institute of Technology, the childcare sector and the Department of Education and Training.
* The ACT Government provided part funding to produce a postcard - Would you like to support the learning and development of young children? This postcard was targeted to potential recruits to the childcare sector.
* Attendance at the Canberra's Careers Market in 2010. This event is specifically targeted towards high school students who are determining a career path.
* The Children's Policy and Regulation Unit facilitate Directors Meetings every three months to continue to support and discuss workforce issues with the sector. At various times the Directors Meetings provided the sector with information about relevant training courses.
* Attendance at ACT Playgroups Association Parenting Expo.
(6) As above.
(7) Strategies were supported through the Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services existing budget.
(8) As above.
Legislative Assembly—questions on notice (Question No 1438)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 15 February 2011:
Why did it take from 22 December 2010, the date on which the Minister signed the answer to question on notice No 1235, until 31 January 2011, a period of 40 days, for the answer to be received by the Assembly secretariat.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
Mrs Dunne asked this question on 18 November 2010. I signed the response to Mrs Dunne on 22 December 2010. The response was provided to the Assembly Support Office electronically on 24 December 2010. It appears that hard copy was not provided to the Support Office until after Christmas shutdown. The item was received back in the Department to file on 4 January 2011.