Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 3 Hansard (31 March) . . Page.. 1231..
Water—national reform (Question Nos 1422 and 1423)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for the Environment, Climate Change and Water and the Minister for Energy, upon notice, on 15 February 2011:
What were the two matters of national reform in energy and water that, according to the half-yearly performance report for 2010-11, were implemented under Accountability Indicator (a) for Output 1.2 during the period 1 July to 31 December 2010.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The ACT participated in the December 2010 Murray-Darling Basin Ministerial Council meeting (the Basin Plan was a major item of discussion). The ACT reports to COAG on its national water reform progress as required.
During the year DECCEW implemented the National Processing Times for Water Trading and implemented the National Metering Standards for Non Urban Water.
The ACT participated in the December 2010 Ministerial Council on Energy. The meeting dealt with energy reform matters. Key reforms undertaken include the development of the National Energy Customer Framework (NECF) under the Ministerial Council on Energy. This work is ongoing, with the NECF scheduled to be implemented in the ACT from 2012.
Children—kinship carers (Question No 1425)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Children and Young People, upon notice, on 15 February 2011:
(1) How much money did the Government pay to non-government organisations for the specific purpose "to create a dedicated service run by a non-government organisation to provide information, advice and support to grandparents and kinship carers who are caring for children", during (a) the period 18 October 2008 to 30 June 2009, (b) 2009-2010 and (c) the period 1 July 2010 to 31 December 2010.
(2) What are the names of the non-government organisations that received the money for the specific purpose referred to in part (1).
(3) How much money did each non-government agency identified in part (2) receive for the specific purpose in part (1) during each of the periods referred to in part (1).
(4) If no money was paid during the period 18 October 2008 to 31 December 2010 to non-government agencies for the specific purpose in part (1), why not.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) (a) and (b) Ms Dunne I would like to refer you to Question Number 1195 asked by yourself on 23 September 2010 and my response.