Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 2 Hansard (10 March) . . Page.. 877..
National Multicultural Festival (Question No 1564)
Ms Bresnan asked the Minister for Multicultural Affairs, upon notice, on 17 February 2011:
(1) What groups are permitted and/or invited to hold a stall at the Multicultural Festival on the Saturday.
(2) Who decides what groups are permitted and/or invited to hold a stall on the Saturday.
(3) Are the groups permitted and/or invited to hold a stall on the Sunday (Contact Canberra) the same as those for the Saturday.
(4) Are political parties permitted to hold a stall on both the Saturday and Sunday.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Community and commercial organisations can respond to advertisements to conduct a stall on Saturday. They need to respond by the closing date to secure a stall for Saturday.
(2) All groups that responded before the deadline were provided with a stall on Saturday. Community and commercial organisations that did not respond before the deadline and could not be accommodated in the limited stalls for Saturday are offered Friday night and/or Sunday.
(3) All applications for stalls for the three days are considered. Therefore it is possible for groups to request to hold a stall over all or any of the three days of the Festival.
Public service—annual leave (Question No 1565)
Mr Doszpot asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 17 February 2011:
(1) What is the policy of the Department of Education and Training as to the quantum of annual leave that staff can accumulate before being encouraged to take leave.
(2) Do staff lose annual leave entitlements if they do not take leave; if so, what are the policy rules that apply in that circumstance.
(3) What was the quantum of annual leave liability as at 31 December 2010 in both (a) hours and (b) dollars.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1) Employees are encouraged to use their annual leave in the year that it accrues. In general, if an employee has accrued two years worth of annual leave credits, the employee and relevant manager will implement a plan to ensure the employee's