Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 2 Hansard (10 March) . . Page.. 859..
Labor Party—election commitments (Question No 1516)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 16 February 2011:
(1) In relation to ACT Treasury's Summary of Labor Election Commitments dated 17 October 2008, has the Government implemented its 2008 election commitment in relation to establishing the Building Housing Partnerships program; if not, why not; if so, for (a) 2009-10 and (b) the period 1 July to 31 December 2010, what work was undertaken towards delivery of this commitment and how much was spent on that work.
(2) For (a) the period 1 January to 30 June 2011 and (b) 2011-12, what work projects and programs are planned to be undertaken towards delivery of this commitment and how much money is committed for each project or program.
(3) If actual and committed expenditure for (a) 2009-10, (b) 2010-11 and (c) 2011-12 did not equate to the Treasury costings for each year, why not.
(4) What evaluation has been undertaken of the implementation of this program and can the Minister provide a copy of this evaluation.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Building Housing Partnerships Program has been implemented in the ACT and commenced operation on 1 November 2010.
(a) No funding was received in 2009-2010 as the program was in the development and procurement stage.
(b) Funding for the period 1 July to 31 December 2010 was $181,917 (GST exclusive)
Implementation of the program involved community consultation during 2009-10. Feedback received from this process was used to develop the Building Housing Partnerships - Supportive Tenancy Service.
(2) The Building Housing Partnerships- Supportive Tenancy Service will continue to be delivered in the periods 1 January -30 June 2011 and 2011-2012.
(a) The Service has been allocated $375,834 (GST exclusive) funding for the period 1 January - 30 June 2011
(b) The Service has been allocated $689,906 (GST exclusive) funding for the period 2011-2012.
(a) The Treasury costing for the Building Housing Partnerships program in 2008 was $750,000 over a three year period. The total costing of the Building Housing Partnerships- Supportive Tenancy Service for the three year period 2009-10 to 2011-12 is expected to be $1,253,657 (GST exclusive). This exceeds the Treasury costing provided in 2008.