Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 2 Hansard (10 March) . . Page.. 809..
Public service—feedback and complaints (Question No 1404)
Mrs Dunne asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 15 February 2011:
(1) In relation to Table 3.3 in Auditor-General's Report 7/2010, Management of Feedback and Complaints, what were the 22 suggestions made on-line during 2008-09.
(2) What consideration did the department give to those suggestions referred to in part (1).
(3) What feedback did the department give to the constituents who made the suggestions.
(4) Which of the suggestions were implemented.
(5) To what extent did implementation of those suggestions improve administrative efficiency or service delivery.
(6) If some of the suggestions were not implemented, why not.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Canberra Connect received 22 suggestions during 2008-09. The suggestions were directed to the following agencies:
* one (1) to the ACT Electoral Commission;
* one (1) to the Australian Federal Police;
* eight (6) to Worksafe ACT;
* twelve (12) to the Emergency Services Agency (ESA);
* two (2) to the Office of Industrial Relations (OIR).
ACT Electoral Commission
The suggestion received by the ACT Electoral Commission consisted of aggressive comments that were not directed at the Electoral Commission.
Australian Federal Police
The suggestion received by the Australian Federal Police was an incomplete email. It only contained a heading regarding posting confidential/important documents by registered mail. There was no further content to the email.
The following is a breakdown of the suggestions received by Worksafe ACT:
* four (4) suggestions related to banning of consumer fireworks;
* one (1) suggestion regarding removing Family & Community Day from Melbourne Cup Day;
* one (1) recommendation from a supplier of their products to assist emergency workers in a heat wave to cool down.
Emergency Services Agency
The following is a breakdown of the suggestions received by the ESA:
* three (3) notifications related to ESA Website errors;
* five (5) requests to update the format and content of the ESA Website;
* two (2) suggestions related to advice for bushfire prevention and alert;
* one (1) request to clear blocked drains; and