Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 2 Hansard (9 March) . . Page.. 687..
(b) allow the identity of a child or young person who has died to be worked out.
(4) The CYP death review committee must give the Minister the report within 6 years after the day this section commences.
(5) The Minister must present the report in the Legislative Assembly within 6 sitting days after the day the report is given to the Minister.
(6) This section expires 6 years after the day it commences.
Children and Young People (Death Review) Amendment Bill 2010
Amendments moved by Ms Hunter
Proposed new section 727B (2)
Page 3, line 19—
(2) The CYP death review committee has no function in relation to reviewing the cause of death of a particular child or young person.
Proposed new section 727D
Page 4, line 2—
omit proposed section 727D, substitute
727D Appointment of committee members
(1) The Minister must appoint at least 8, but not more than 10, members to the CYP death review committee.
Note 1 For the making of appointments (including acting appointments), see the Legislation Act, pt 19.3.
Note 2 In particular, a person may be appointed for a particular provision of a law (see Legislation Act, s 7 (3)) and an appointment may be made by naming a person or nominating the occupant of a position (see Legislation Act, s 207).
Note 3 Certain Ministerial appointments require consultation with an Assembly committee and are disallowable (see Legislation Act, div 19.3.3).
(2) The Minister must, unless it is not reasonably practicable, ensure that the committee includes—
(a) people with experience or expertise in the following:
(iv) child forensic medicine;
(v) public health administration;