Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 1 Hansard (17 February) . . Page.. 418..
3. a) Shared Services, a division within the Department of Territory and Municipal Services, has four staff employed as graphic designers (two public servants and two contractors) servicing all ACT agencies. The cost of the graphic designers is recovered from agencies.
Environment—landfill sites (Question No 1373)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Land and Property Services, upon notice, on 9 December 2010 (redirected to the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services):
(1) When did the Government discover the contaminated material on the site of the North Weston Pond.
(2) What is the nature of the contamination and does it contain asbestos; if so, how much asbestos does it contain.
(3) What are the health impacts of the dump on nearby residents in its current state.
(4) What will be the cost of cleaning up the dump.
(5) How far is the dump from the nearest blocks of land on which homes will be built in Wright and Coombs.
(6) What clean up activities have already been undertaken on this site.
(7) How much will it cost to clean up the dump.
(8) How will the contaminated soil/pollution be processed and where will it ultimately be dumped.
(9) What impact will the contamination have on prices of properties near to the dump.
(10) What impact will this have on other Government revenue streams, such as stamp duty, rates and land sales.
(11) Is the Government aware of any other dumps of this nature in the ACT; if so, where are the dumps.
(12) What action is the Government taking to immediately identify other dumps/builders landfill sites in the ACT.
(13) What records are available to the Government on the site of the builders' landfill.
(14) Who checked these records and when were these records checked during the design process for the Molonglo Development.