Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 1 Hansard (17 February) . . Page.. 394..
(6) The advertising undertaken has been successful in that, vacancies have been filled, submissions on reviews have been received and members of the public have made enquiries about information published by JACS.
Government—advertising (Question Nos 1318 and 1319)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Environment, Climate Change and Water and the Minister for Energy, upon notice, on 8 December 2010:
(1) What advertising has been undertaken in the Minister's portfolio in 2010-11 to date and what is the purpose of the advertising.
(2) What is the cost of the advertising referred to in part (1).
(3) What proportion of the 2010-11 advertising budget does this expenditure represent.
(4) What form of advertising has been used.
(5) Why has this form of advertising been used.
(6) How effective has this advertising been.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The types of advertising undertaken include:
* staff recruitment;
* recruitment to Government Boards and Committees;
* awareness raising of Government programs;
* Public Notices required by legislation; and
* community engagement on draft Government policy.
(2) The actual spend from 1 July 2010 - 9 December 2010 is below:
Cost Code Descriptor Actual expenditure 1 July 2001- 9 December 2010 711702 General Advertising 169,441.15 711704 Public Notices 1,783.32 711707 Staff Advertising 6,757.31 711727 Other promotional, advertising &/or marketing 4,899.42 Total $182,881.20
(3) Actual expenditure represents 41.39% of the 2010-11 budgeted amounts.
Advertising has been in the form of print and electronic media, banners, signs and promotional give-aways and has been used because these are the most suitable mediums for the purpose.