Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 1 Hansard (17 February) . . Page.. 372..
(4) What support was given to those students who were not referred to the Suspension Support Team during that period.
(5) How many students and parents/carers did not take up the offer to attend the Suspension Support Team pilot during that period.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1) The number of students suspended in ACT Public Schools from 1 April to 30 November in 2009 and 2010 is as follows:
a) One day: 2009 - 698 students, 2010 - 542 students
b) Two to five days: 2009 - 642 students, 2010 - 601 students
c) Five to 15 days: 2009 -127 students, 2010 - 127 students
d) 15 days or longer: 2009 - 0 students, 2010-3 students
Please note that the same student may appear in more than one category as periods of suspension groupings requested overlap.
2) The Department was advised of suspensions of five days or longer in 2009 and 2010.
3) Between 1 April and 30 November 2010:
a) 17 Student actively engaged with the Suspension Support Team
b) 23 Parents/Carers actively engaged with the Suspension Support Team
4) Support provided to students who were not referred to the Suspension Support Team involved developing a plan in the suspension re-entry meeting to support the student engage in schooling. The plan is based on individual student need and can include referral to counselling, identifying a staff mentor, development of an individual learning plan to address learning difficulties, restructuring a student's learning program, a behaviour monitoring contract, referral to a community agency e.g. respite care, and referral to a small group to work on social skills or anger management.
5) Between 1 April and 30 November 2010:
a) 12 students who were referred to the Suspension Support Team did not actively engage.
b) 6 parents/carers who were referred to the Suspension Support Team did not
ACTION bus service—Adshel bus shelters (Question No 1290)
Ms Bresnan asked the Minister for Transport, upon notice, on 9 December 2010:
(1) Is there a timeframe for the universal rollout of Adshel bus shelters at all bus stops in the ACT.
(2) If the rollout of Adshel bus shelters will not extend to all bus stops in Canberra, does the Government have a plan to construct shelters at bus stops that will not receive Adshel shelters.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows: