Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 1 Hansard (17 February) . . Page.. 350..
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Department provides a Departmental Liaison Officer (0.5 FTE) to facilitate departmental communication with the Minister's office. The annual salary cost is approximately $52,500.
A departmental unit, Chief Minister's Support and Protocol, is also located within the Legislative Assembly building in close proximity to the Chief Minister's office to provide a range of services to the Executive and their staff including protocol services for, and coordination of, Ministerial functions and awards; administrative and secretariat services for honours and awards; ministerial documentation support and tracking; corporate services and support in managing the Executive budget. The annual salary cost of the Support and Protocol is approximately $378,000.
CMD's Chief Financial Officer also provides CFO support for the Executive budget. As a small proportion of the wider CFO role, this is not separately costed.
The department has on occasion been called on to provide temporary receptionist support for the Chief Minister's office in the event of unscheduled or other leave. This is not costed as it is infrequent and short term. This arrangement is also distinct from arrangements where public servants take leave without pay to take up ministerial LAMS Act positions.
(2) See answer to Question (1).
(3) The Minister is provided with support that is implicit in, and consistent with, the Westminster system of parliamentary democracy in which the public service supports the government of the day.
The cost of this support is reflected in wider departmental costs set out in the Budget Papers and agency Annual Reports.
(4) See answer to Question (3).
(5) See answer to Question (3).
(6) There are 11 car parking bays allocated to all Ministers' Offices at the Legislative Assembly and 14 car parking bays in the Canberra Nara Centre.
(7) The amount of Fringe Benefits Tax payable, on an annual basis, for these car parks is approximately $18,000.
Government—ministerial staffing support (Question No 1242)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 7 December 2010 (redirected to the Acting Minister for Planning):
(1) What staffing support is provided to the Minister or the Minister's office, in full-time equivalent terms, by the Minister's department or agency.
(2) What is the annual cost of the support referred to in part (1).