Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 14 Hansard (9 December) . . Page.. 6214..
(6) How many car parks are allocated to, or reserved for, the Minister or the Minister's office at the (a) Legislative Assembly and (b) Minister's department or agency.
(7) What is the Fringe Benefits Tax payable, on an annual basis, for the car parks referred to in part (6).
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Department provides a Departmental Liaison Officer (1 FTE) to facilitate departmental communication for both the Treasurer's Office and the Minister for Gaming and Racing. The annual salary cost is approximately $111,485. A departmental unit, Chief Minister's Support and Protocol, is also located within the Legislative Assembly building in close proximity to the Chief Minister's office to provide a range of services to the Executive and their staff including protocol services for, and coordination of, Ministerial functions and awards; administrative and secretariat services for honours and awards; ministerial documentation support and tracking; corporate services and support in managing the Executive budget. The annual salary cost of the Support and Protocol is approximately $378,000.
(2) See answer to Question (1).
(3) The Minister is provided with support that is implicit in, and consistent with, the Westminster system of parliamentary democracy in which the public service supports the government of the day. The cost of this support is reflected in wider departmental costs set out in the Budget Papers and agency Annual Reports.
(4) See answer to Question (3).
(5) See answer to Question (3).
(6) There are 11 car parking bays allocated to Ministers' Offices at the Legislative Assembly and 14 car parking bays in total in the Canberra Nara Centre.
(7) The amount of Fringe Benefits Tax payable, on an annual basis, for these car parks is approximately $15,600.
Government—employee car parking (Question Nos 1274 and 1275)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Energy, upon notice, on 7 December 2010:
(1) How much Fringe Benefits Tax is paid annually by each department or agency in the Minister's portfolio for car parking for employees.
(2) How many (a) car parks and (b) employees does the amount referred to in part (1) apply to.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows: