Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 14 Hansard (9 December) . . Page.. 6213..
Children, Youth and Family Support, Office—reviews (Question No 1240)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Children and Young People, upon notice, on 18 November 2010:
(1) When was the last time the Office of Children, Youth and Family Support examined all of its programs and services to determine whether there is any duplication of effort or unnecessary or inefficient service cross-overs.
(2) If no review has been undertaken, why not and when will the Office do one.
(3) If a review has been undertaken, what were the outcomes.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1) Monitoring service delivery and effectiveness is part of ongoing core business of the Office for Children, Youth and Family Support. The Office for Children, Youth and Family Support uses standard business practices such as reporting, monitoring, business planning, listening to stakeholder feedback and current research to achieve this. Service improvements are made following the consideration of many factors including the impact and best interest of clients and staff, legislative and contractual obligations, budget and funding cycles and the Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services strategic direction.
2) Please refer to answer 1.
3) This is an ongoing process. Recent examples demonstrating ongoing service improvement include the significant amendments to the ACT Adoption Act 1993 which resulted in revised practices, development of the new neglect policy, the implementation of the revised Out of Home Care Framework and the current consultation occurring about new Youth and Family Support services.
Government—ministerial staff (Question No 1248)
Mr Seselja asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 7 December 2010:
(1) What staffing support is provided to the Minister or the Minister's office, in full-time equivalent terms, by the Minister's department or agency.
(2) What is the annual cost of the support referred to in part (1).
(3) What other support is provided to the Minister or the Minister's office other than staff and what is the nature of this support.
(4) What is the annual cost of the support referred to in part (3).
(5) What other resources are provided by the Minister's department or agency to support the Minister or the Minister's office.