Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 14 Hansard (9 December) . . Page.. 6208..
details about any specific concerns. One of the functions of the Independent Competition and Regulatory Commission is to investigate and report on competitive neutrality complaints.
Environment, Climate Change and Water, Department—activities (Question No 1234)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for the Environment, Climate Change and Water, upon notice, on 18 November 2010:
(1) What launches of programs, events, publications, policies, or other public announcements did the department and any of its agencies organise during 2009-10.
(2) For each policy launch referred to in part (1), (a) what was the date of the launch, (b) where was the launch held, (c) what did it cost, (d) what was the breakdown of that cost for (i) venue hire, (ii) refreshments, (iii) printing and (iv) other, (e) how many people were invited to the event, (f) how many were from non-government sectors of the number invited, (g) how many people attended the event, (h) how many were from non-government sectors of the number attending, (i) what media was present and (j) what media coverage resulted.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
Please refer to attached table for response.
(A copy of the attachment is available at the Chamber Support Office).
Children—kinship carers (Question No 1236)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Children and Young People, upon notice, on 18 November 2010:
(1) Can the Minister confirm evidence given before the Select Committee on Estimates 2010-11 on 27 May 2010 that (a) background checking is carried out for all grandparent and kinship carers and (b) the carers know this checking is going on.
(2) At what point does background checking of a carer begin.
(3) At what point is a carer informed that the background checking is occurring.
(4) What is the step-by-step process followed in background checking carers.
(5) What happens in an emergency, when the Government, as parent, has to hand a child to a carer urgently and no background checking of the identified carer has been done.
(6) How frequently is the suitability of a grandparent or kinship carer reviewed and updated.
(7) To what extent is the carer informed of or involved in these reviews.