Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 14 Hansard (9 December) . . Page.. 6196..
(10) The Planning and Development Act 2007 does not define a significant structure. The Planning and Development Act 2007, Planning and Development Regulation 2008, and the Territory Plan, do not provide a list of significant structures.
ACTION bus service—parking facilities (Question No 1221)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Transport, upon notice, on 18 November 2010:
(1) What was the total cost to establish the Mawson Park 'n Ride and Bike n' Ride facility.
(2) What factors determined the location of the Park 'n Ride and Bike n' Ride facility.
(3) Has any increase in patronage been recorded since the facility opened in January 2010; if so, what are the details.
(4) How many further sites have been identified as being suitable for Park 'n Ride facilities.
(5) If further sites have been identified, (a) where are they and (b) what is the anticipated cost of these facilities.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
2. Factors considered in the selection of Park 'n Ride and Bike n' Ride facilities include:
o Proximity to high frequency/rapid bus services;
o Land availability;
o Vehicular and pedestrian access;
o Upstream congestion;
o Passive surveillance;
o Site visibility; and
o Cost effectiveness.
3. Yes. In the first few months of opening the patronage increase was around 30. This number has doubled within four months of opening and now more than 70 people are using this facility for Park 'n Ride.
4. There are four more sites identified feasible. Another five sites are under investigation.
5. Identified sites and their estimated costs are: o Flemington Road (near EPIC) $210,000 o Erindale $510,000 o Flemington Road (near Harrison) $585,000 o Belconnen (Purdue Street) $ 50,000