Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 14 Hansard (9 December) . . Page.. 6187..
(c) (i) The ACTHPGP Healthy Schools Healthy Children Funding Round, $400 000 total available
(ii) Nutrition-Education-Program $52 273
(iii) FoodCents, $68 163; and
(iv) Heart Moves, $148 507
Health—chiropractors (Question No 1212)
Ms Bresnan asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 28 October 2010:
(1) How much did the ACT Government pay for the work undertaken by the Centre for Allied Health Evidence (CAHE) with regard to a literature review investigating the feasibility and effectiveness of chiropractors working in the public health sector.
(2) How does the figure referred to in part (1) compare with the budget suggested by the ACT Branch of the Chiropractors Association of Australia (CAAACT) for a 12 week pilot project to investigate publicly provided chiropractic services in the ACT.
(3) What was the basis of the selection of CAHE to undertake the review and why were they chosen over other tenderers.
(4) Who else tendered to undertake the review.
(5) What terms of reference did the ACT Government provide to CAHE for the review and what were CAHE's findings for each of these terms.
(6) Why didn't the ACT Government request CAHE to comment on the CAAACT pilot proposal specifically.
(7) If CAHE did comment on the CAAACT pilot proposal specifically, what were the comments.
(8) What chiropractic qualifications did the ACT Government require of the individuals conducting the review and what were the qualifications of the individuals.
(9) Given that on 9 December 2009 the Minister stated in the Assembly that after a literature review was conducted, an expert panel would be formed by ACT Health to examine the literature review findings and to assess the CAAACT pilot proposal using key performance indicators and considering the findings in an ACT context, (a) who were the members of the panel, (b) what was each of their expertise, (c) why weren't the CAAACT part of this panel, (d) what were the key performance indicators, (e) what was the outcome, when the CAHE findings for each of the terms of reference were considered against the ACT context and (f) how much did the ACT Government pay for the convening of this expert panel.
(10) Can the Minister provide a copy of the CAHE's report and key documents regarding the expert panel's assessment.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) ACT Government paid $25,842 (Ex GST) for this review.