Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 13 Hansard (18 November) . . Page.. 5776..
(1) Gross Floor Area (GFA) as defined in the Territory Plan "means the sum of the area of all floors of the building measured from the external faces of the exterior walls, or from the centre lines of walls separating the building from any other building, excluding any area used solely for rooftop fixed mechanical plant and/or basement car parking". All the commercial, retail and industrial spaces identified, that comply with the GFA definition whether or not the space is shared, are included in the calculation of GFA.
(2) All the residential spaces identified, that comply with the GFA definition whether or not the space is shared, are included in the calculation of GFA.
Roads—parking infringements (Question No 1220)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 28 October 2010 (redirected to the Attorney-General):
(1) Do Parking Operations target the area around schools on the day of their fetes/fairs.
(2) How many parking infringement notices were issued on the day of a fete/fair, in 2009 and 2010, broken down by school/suburb.
(3) In relation to parking operations on 23 October 2010, (a) how many infringements were issued on or around Melbourne Avenue and what is the total of the fines issued, (b) how many warnings were issued on or around Melbourne Avenue, (c) what was the cost of patrolling that area and (d) how many officers were on duty in that area.
(4) What is the average number of parking infringements and warnings issued on Saturdays, excluding the City and town centres.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Parking Operations will only attend a school fete/fair when a complaint is received relating to parking.
(2) Parking Operations does not have records of the dates of school fetes or fairs and has no way of knowing whether the driver of a particular vehicle is attending a fete or fair.
(3) In relation to parking operations on 23 October 2010;
(a) No Infringements were issued in the area of Melbourne Avenue on 23 October 2010.
(b) 13 Warning Notices were issued in the area of Melbourne Avenue on 23 October 2010.
(c) There was no specific cost associated with patrolling the area as officers were on duty in any case.
(d) One Team Leader and two Inspectors attended the Melbourne Avenue area as the result of a complaint. Parking Operations took an approach of encouraging those