Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 13 Hansard (18 November) . . Page.. 5774..
2. The number of story time sessions is determined by balancing demand with available resources.
Planning—Cuppacumbalong (Question No 1209)
Ms Bresnan asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 27 October 2010:
(1) What is the status of the front four hectares of the Cuppacumbalong property, including the gardens and driveway.
(2) Is the land referred to in part (1), (a) owned by the ACT Government and (b) considered to be an arts precinct.
(3) Do some leases adjacent to the Cuppacumbalong property have lease purpose clauses which mean that only approved recognised artists can take up these leases.
(4) Do the lease conditions for the Cuppacumbalong site (a) include ensuring that the front four hectares of the property is open to the public and (b) preclude subdivision of the property.
(5) Are there specific planning restrictions for some properties in Tharwa which reflect the sensitive nature of the Murrumbidgee River corridor; if so, (a) what are those restrictions, (b) are there any restrictions on the number of people or properties allowed in the area and (c) is there a specific rule about effluent management and allowable toilets.
(6) Is the development of a Masterplan for Tharwa being considered; if so, will it be in conjunction with the development of a tourism plan for Tharwa.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) If the member is referring to Block 6 Section 10 Tharwa, this land is unleased Territory Land.
(2) (a) As noted above, this land is unleased Territory Land.
(3) No. The Lessee must be a "craftsman"not an "artist". The craftsman is not obliged to carry on his or her full time occupation, calling or trade on the land.
(4) (a) No.
(b) No. However, any application would need to be considered in the context of the provisions of the Planning and Development Act 2007 and the Territory Plan.
(5) Yes. The National Capital Plan contains provisions relating to rivers and corridors at section 8.6 of the plan. These provisions call up Appendix F to the National Capital