Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 13 Hansard (18 November) . . Page.. 5772..
(6) When does the Minister anticipate that construction will begin on the leisure centre.
(7) When will the leisure centre commence trading.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) It is anticipated all of this funding is to be used for architects and related consultants to prepare the detailed design, based on the favoured concept resulting from the feasibility study, which is due for completion by February 2011.
(2) No consultants have yet been engaged for the forward design project from the 2010-11 Budget Measure in Question 1. A consultant for the Forward Design will be appointed following the results of the Feasibility Study which is expected in February 2011.
(3) The feasibility study is assessing the main options for the configuration of the pools and associated activity areas, and the implications of these in terms of the capital cost, operational costs, and programs that the centre would provide. Central to this will be the option of both a 50 metre pool and a 25 metre pool.
(4) These decisions will be made at the end of the feasibility study and before the detailed design process in consultation with the community. The Government's intention is that the leisure centre maximises usability for the whole of the Gungahlin community.
(5) Consultation with community and sporting organisations was undertaken in the development of the concepts in the feasibility study and through the course of the study. This consultation will continue through the design process. Details on further consultation will be advised once the design consultants are engaged. This will be done in early 2011.
(6) Construction funding will be sought in the 2011/12 budget and if successful, construction will begin during that financial year.
(7) Given the uncertainty regarding construction timeframes, trading commencement cannot yet be confirmed.
Libraries—staff (Question No 1205)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 21 October 2010:
(1) What is the Government's policy for deciding in which branch ACT Library employees will be placed.
(2) When was the policy referred to in part (1) put into place and when was it last revised.
(3) How does this policy take into account (a) the distance that employees need to travel from their home to work, (b) greenhouse gas emissions from travel and (c) the convenience of travel distance for the employees.