Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 11 Hansard (21 October) . . Page.. 4970..
(b) The financial cost to the DPP in relation to the judicial commission was $7,161.00. This cost was incurred after the DPP sought an independent legal opinion from the NSW DPP.
(3) (a) Several lawyers within ACTGS provided legal services in relation to the judicial commission as part of ACTGS' normal business. No extra resources were allocated.
(b) The matter was dealt with as part of the normal business of the DPP. No resources were separately allocated.
(4) ACTGS and the DPP did not engage any temporary staff, contract staff or other staff or consultants.
(5) (a) ACTGS sought legal advice from external counsel. The cost to the ACTGS for these services was $1,062.50.
(b) The DPP sought a legal opinion from the NSW DPP, for which the DPP paid $7,161.00.
(6) In relation to the judicial commission:
(a) The appointees were: the Honourable James Wood AO QC, the Honourable Jerrold Cripps QC, and the Honourable Ted Mulligan QC.
(b) The appointees were appointed on 10 November 2009.
(c) The appointments were terminated on 17 November 2009.
(d) The total fees paid to the appointees was $6,240.00.
(e) The costs associated with the judicial commission are as follows:
(i) administrative support $0
(ii) travel $0
(iii) accommodation $0
(iv) meals $0
(v) other: a barrister was appointed as counsel assisting the commission. ACTGS paid counsel assisting $3,000.00 for
Emergency Services Agency—headquarters (Question No 1187)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 21 September 2010:
(1) What is the latest estimate of the capital cost of constructing the Emergency Services Agency (ESA) Headquarters, specifically the headquarters office, B183 and the Workshop and Vehicle Compound being built at Fairbairn.
(2) If the capital cost for the ESA Headquarters has increased from the $16.017 million as provided in E10-406, what are the reasons for this increase.