Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 11 Hansard (21 October) . . Page.. 4957..
Ms Burch: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
Details of appropriation rollover instruments prepared under the Financial Management ACT 1996 are tabled by the Treasurer from time to time. The Treasurer tables information on funds allocated from the Treasurer's advance in accordance with the Financial Management Act 1996. Details of programs requiring additional funding are disclosed in the Budget Papers in the event additional funding is provided (as occurred in the 2010-11 Budget). In addition, agency annual financial statements and management, discussion and analysis (M,D and A) explain significant variances between budgeted appropriation and appropriation drawn, budgeted expenditure and actual expenditure. Agency Statements of Performance include actual Government Payment for Outputs and cost by output, together with variance explanations where there is a material variance from budget. Annual Reports for 2009-10, which include agency financial statements, M,D and A and statement of performance, will be tabled shortly in accordance with established procedures.
Finance—government programs (Question No 1132)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Business and Economic Development, upon notice, on 26 August 2010 (redirected to the Acting Minister for Business and Economic Development):
(1) In relation to each portfolio area, what were the top ten underspending programs in the 2009-10 financial year.
(2) What was the cause of each underspend.
(3) Will any funding be rolled over into the 2010-11 financial year as a result of the underspend.
(4) What were the top ten program overspending programs in the 2009-10 financial year.
(5) Where was funding allocated from to accommodate the overspend.
(6) What adjustments have been made to the 2010-11 budget as a result of the overspend and by how much and in what areas have adjustments been made.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
Details of rollovers of appropriation are published in agency annual reports and relevant instruments prepared under the Financial Management Act 1996 are tabled by the Treasurer from time to time. Details of overspending programs are similarly disclosed in the Budget Papers in the event additional funding is provided (as occurred in the 2010-11 Budget) and agency annual reports. The Treasurer tables information on funds allocated from the Treasurer's advance in accordance with relevant statutory requirements from time to time.