Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 11 Hansard (21 October) . . Page.. 4953..
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
For the purposes of this response, Treasury refers to 'loans' as 'borrowings' or 'interest bearing liabilities'.
(1) As at 30 June 2010 Treasury (core) has one outstanding loan of $33 million.
(2) The loan was entered into on the 4th of February 2008.
(3) The loan has a variable interest rate and a maturity date of 2037. For the quarter ending 30 June 2010 the interest rate was 4.42%.
(4) The loan has been provided by the Territory Banking Account. The loan is to facilitate the finance facility provided by the Department of Treasury to Community Housing Canberra Limited.
Territory Banking Account
Details of the answers to each question are summarised in the attached spreadsheet.
Home Loan portfolio
(1) The ACT Home Loan Portfolio has 13 loans with an amount outstanding of $89 million as at 30 June 2010.
(2) The first of the 13 loans was entered into on 30 June 1974 and yearly thereafter until 30 June 1985, with the final loan on 30 June 1987. Prior to Self Government, the Commonwealth established a trust account to hold housing assets (properties and loans). The loans were transferred to the Commissioner for Social Housing in 1987 from the Commonwealth after the enactment of the Housing Assistance Act 1987.
(3) The interest rate applied to each loan is fixed at 4.5%. The term of each loan is 53 years. The maturity date of the first loan is on 30 June 2027 and yearly thereafter until 2038, with the final loan maturing on 30 June 2040.
(4) The loans were provided by the Commonwealth through the Commonwealth State Housing Agreement.
ACT Insurance Authority
Superannuation Provision Account
Finance—departmental loans (Question No 1116)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Industrial Relations, upon notice, on 26 August 2010: