Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 11 Hansard (21 October) . . Page.. 4945..
discussions with the musicians about using the Ainslie Arts Centre and possibly other DHCS facilities within the Civic precinct.
Yarralumla Brickworks (Question No 1073)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for the Arts and Heritage, upon notice, on 26 August 2010 (redirected to the Minister for Land and Property Services):
(1) When will the Site Analysis Report of the Yarralumla Brickworks, currently being prepared by the Land Development Agency, be publically released.
(2) Have any ACT Government departments received complaints about damage being done to the Brickworks site, including but not limited to graffiti and bricks being removed; if so, what actions have been taken to secure the brickworks site from further damage.
(3) When will the program of immediate repair and maintenance works recommended in the Brickworks Conservation Management Plan commence and has any funding been provided for these works.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Information from the Canberra Brickworks Site Analysis Report has been presented in a range of formats throughout the Community Conversation Workshops. The consultant report is available on the LDA website at:
(2) The Department of Land and Property Services, as the custodian of the Canberra Brickworks has received reports of unauthorised entry and malicious damage. The Land Development Agency has also been contacted in relation to on site security through its community consultation process.
To address the concerns of residents and improve asset protection an initial allocation of $50,000 has been provided for additional security patrols and the inspection and maintenance of fencing has been increased. In addition, liaison with ACT Policing, specifically in relation to the Canberra Brickworks and Yarralumla residents is underway.
These measures supplement the inherent security provided by having a tenant on site and being able to report on intrusions and damage.
(3) The ACT Property Group has allocated an initial $50,000 this financial year to undertake some of the recommended works. Pending the ACT Property Group first quarter financial review, additional funds may be available.
Environment—disused service station sites (Question No 1074)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 26 August 2010 (redirected to the Minister for Planning):