Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 10 Hansard (23 September) . . Page.. 4505..
(1) How much money has the ACT Government given to the ACT Brumbies since the Griffith headquarters were built and what is the breakdown of this funding by category.
(2) Has the ACT Brumbies requested further funding from the ACT Government if its current proposed development in Griffith takes place.
(3) Does the ACT Government anticipate continuing to fund the ACT Brumbies if the proposed development takes place; if so, how much would this funding cost the ACT Government per year.
(4) Are the land and utilities taxes and rates paid by the ACT Brumbies equal to those which would be paid by a different business operating on that land; if not, what is the difference between those paid by the ACT Brumbies and those that would be paid by a different business operating on that land.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) See the below table for amount/type of funding:
(3) Yes. The current Performance Fee Agreement runs through until 2015 and it would be anticipated that support for community rugby provided through the Sport and Recreation Grants Program (currently $42,000 per annum) would be sustained.
(4) Property taxes paid by the ACT Brumbies in relation to Block 15 and Block 17, where any redevelopment was to progress, would be consistent with that paid by any other organisation using the site/s for the same purpose. These taxes necessarily consider the permitted land use, the current lease provision and the associated land valuation.
Housing—building quality forum (Question No 1044)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 19 August 2010:
(1) What were the outcomes of the building quality forum hosted by the Government in August 2010.
(2) Who were the attendees at the meeting.
(3) What is the Government's proposed follow up to the meeting.