Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 10 Hansard (23 September) . . Page.. 4500..
include bicycle paths. During the last 3 years TAMS has commenced collecting specific data for bicycle crashes on the on-road bicycle lanes. Comparison data for the past three years is:
Motorcycles—parking (Question No 1040)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 19 August 2010:
(1) What work is being done by the Government to review motorcycle parking arrangements and laws in the ACT.
(2) Which agencies are involved in the work referred to in part (1).
(3) What are the timelines for the completion of the work referred to in part (1) and for decisions by Government.
(4) What opportunities have been, or will be given, for the public to be involved in any review of motorcycle parking arrangements.
(5) What options are being considered for potential changes to motorcycle parking arrangements in the ACT.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The ACT Parking Strategy, to be released as part of Transport for Canberra, will include actions for monitoring new registrations of motorcycles and scooters to see if parking provision rates for two-wheeled vehicles need to be increased.
(2) Agencies involved in development of the ACT Parking Strategy as part of the Transport for Canberra package of policies include: Department of Territory and Municipal Services, ACT Planning and Land Authority, Treasury, Land Development Agency, Department of Land and Property Services and Chief Minister's Department.
Other agencies which have participated on meetings to consider the Transport for
Canberra package include the Departments of Environment, Education, Health, Disability, Housing and Community Services and Justice and Community Safety.
(3) The Transport for Canberra policies - including the Parking Strategy - are expected to be released following Time to Talk and alongside the Government's new climate change and spatial planning policies in 2011.
(4) Parking provision for motorcycles and scooters were outlined in the Draft ACT Parking Strategy released for public comment in March 2007. A number of the comments related to parking for these vehicles. The Parking Code was subsequently amended to incorporate formal requirements in relation to motorcycle and scooter parking when the 'new' Territory Plan was promulgated on 31 March 2008.