Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 9 Hansard (26 August) . . Page.. 4154..
(Question No 1018)
Mr Seselja asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 1 July 2010:
(1) How are the standard on-costs per staff member of $16 480 calculated, and what are the individual components that make up the on cost.
(2) For each component, (a) how is this calculated and (b) what has been the cost per employee for Treasury over each of the last five financial years.
(3) How is the on-cost indexed from year to year.
(4) What is the rate that is used to index it.
(5) How much is the indexing rate that was used to determine costings for the 2010-11 Budget.
(6) How much was the indexing rate that was used in each of the last five budgets.
(7) How many agencies or departments use this rate.
(8) Is this a standard cost for staff at every salary point.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The various components which make up the average administration on-costs of $16,480 are provided in Table 1.
These costs are provided as a broad indicator only, and it is understood that individual costs may vary, as other distinct costs may be applied that are not recognised in the on-cost model.
This may include items such as additional security clearance, specific salary allowances, additional travel requirements, fleet requirements that are in addition to the general allowances provided for in the model. In addition, there may be cases such as the establishment of a new corporate structure, where one-off variations are appropriate.
Table 1: Administrative On-Costs by Component
Based on standard Service Level Agreement charge by InTACT or average cost. For example, the costs are based on standard hardware prices per unit, or for multi-unit devises the average cost per a certain number of staff ie. one printer per 8 people.
Desktop Environment Support Full
Data Communication Services
Voice/Mobile/Canberra Connect Subsidy
Average cost per square metre for leased accommodation.