Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 8 Hansard (19 August) . . Page.. 3736..
(1) What Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) are eligible for funding under the (a) Productivity Places Program and (b) Priorities Support Program.
(2) Have the funding arrangements under those programs referred to in part (1) changed for the RTOs as at 1 July 2010; if so, how.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1. There are 234 Registered Training Organisation (RTOs) that are currently members of the Panel of Registered Training Organisations for the Competitive Allocation of Skills Initiatives (CASI). Every RTO with an active CASI contract is eligible to apply for Productivity Places Program (PPP) and Priorities Support Program (PSP).
2. Funding arrangements have not changed for PPP or PSP as at 30 June 2010.
(Question No 1007)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 1 July 2010:
(1) How many complaints have been received by the Minister's department from the general public about ACT Housing properties that relate to (a) maintenance of the property, (b) disruptive and/or anti-social behaviour and (c) criminal activity in (i) 2007-08, (ii) 2008-09 and (iii) 2009-10 to date.
(2) How long, on average, did each complainant, referred to in part (1), wait for a response from the department and how many complaints took longer than 30 days to resolve.
(3) How many complaints have resulted in breaches of the Residential Tenancies Act 1997 and how many of these have been referred to the ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) (a) Maintenance of the property (i) 2007-08 = 374 (ii) 2008-09 = 416
(iii) 2009 -10 = 330
Note: Complaints about maintenance also include requests from tenants to review decisions around tenant responsible maintenance charges.
(b) Disruptive and/or anti-social behaviour (i) 2007-08 = 832
(ii) 2008-09 = 1043 (ii) 2009-10 = 1060
(c) Criminal activity (i) 2007-08 = 115 (ii) 2008-09 = 156 iii) 2009-10 = 164
(2) (a) Maintenance of the property (i) 2007-08 = 54.33 days.
Over 30 days = 248 (ii) 2008-09 = 26.94 days. Over 30 days = 120
(iii) 2009-10 = 24.57. Over 30 days = N/A*.
Note: Review of tenant responsible maintenance charges and complaints around disruptive/anti-social behaviour are often complex and can be difficult to resolve within the 30 day period. It should be noted that there has been considerable focus on improving response times over the period.