Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 8 Hansard (19 August) . . Page.. 3719..
Note that until recently all paint was transferred to Mitchell and collected from there for recycling. Data on tonnages from individual sites is not available.
(8) ACT NOWaste has on file a copy of written authority from ACT NOWaste allowing Aussie Junk to operate as a subcontractor to Thiess Services at the Mitchell reusables facility. I have attached a copy of this document.
(9) ACT NOWaste does not have a copy of the contract between Thiess and Aussie Junk for the operation of the reusables site at Mitchell.
Green Square—water use
(Question No 989)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 24 June 2010:
(1) How often is the newly renovated area of Green Square being watered, including the native grasses, trees, planters, and any other watering.
(2) What is the amount of water being used to water this area currently, and what is the expected amount to be used annually.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Following planting in March, initial watering was undertaken by the construction contractor to assist plant establishment. Watering ceased on 8 June 2010. The grass at Green Square has been replaced with drought-tolerant plants that require minimal water after establishment. The new deciduous trees planted in the refurbished area will be hand watered with non-potable water during the growing period (September - March) until they become established.
(2) With the exception of the trees, the plantings are intended to survive without additional watering. The plants are not currently being watered and unless there is an extended dry period, ongoing watering of these plantings is not anticipated.
The trees will be watered using approximately 50 litres of non-potable water as described above.
Children—care and protection
(Question No 990)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Children and Young People, upon notice, on 30 June 2010: