Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 7 Hansard (1 July) . . Page.. 3282..
Government—information technology services
(Question No 809)
Mrs Dunne asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 24 March 2010:
(1) What is the cost of the provision of information technology (IT) services per employee on average for (a) 2008-09 and (b) 1 July to 31 December 2009 for each agency within the Department of Justice and Community Safety, including ACT Courts and the Director of Public Prosecutions.
(2) What is the marginal cost of the provision of IT services for an additional employee at the current staffing levels.
(3) In relation to specialist IT services, what (a) services are required, or have been custom-built, (b) is the cost of each and (c) is the depreciation cost of each.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The answer to the member's questions is detailed below. These figures are based on the costs of the Department's Service Level Agreement with InTACT and including staffing to support Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
Intact ICT Distribution per FTE Average
Up to 31Dec09
Department of Justice & Community Safety (excluding ESA)
(2) The marginal cost of providing IT services for an additional employee may vary depending on the role of employee and the IT requirement associated with the position. Based on standard InTACT charges a general office based position with a standard PC and desktop interface environment general base IT services the cost for additional staff will be $3,423.80.
(3) The answer to the Member's questions on specialist IT services excludes any costs associated with systems currently under development as part of the department's ICT capital program.
a. The services required include:
These are provided under the InTACT Service Level Agreement and the cost of these services is also incorporated in the average cost per employee detailed in Question (1).