Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 7 Hansard (1 July) . . Page.. 3267..
(Question No 735)
Mrs Dunne asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 23 March 2010:
(1) Which boards, authorities and committees in the Minister's portfolio have vacancies because appointments were not made in time to take over immediately from members whose terms expired as at 17 March 2010.
(2) In relation to each board, authority or committee in the Minister's portfolio with vacancies as at 17 March 2010, (a) how many vacancies were there, (b) for how long have those vacancies continued, (c) why have appointments not been made in time so as to avoid the vacancies, (d) when will the vacancies be filled and (e) when will the appointees take up their appointments.
(3) For each board, authority or committee in the Minister's portfolio during (a) 2007-08, (b) 2008-09 and (c) 1 July to 31 December 2009, (i) what on-going or professional development training was provided to members, (ii) how much did that training cost, (iii) did any of that training relate directly to the skills required to conduct the particular work of the relevant board, authority or committee and (iv) did all members avail themselves of those training opportunities.
(4) If no training was provided for those members referred to in part (3)(a) to (c), why not.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Based on information held by the Department of Justice and Community Safety, the following boards, authorities and committees had vacancies as at 17 March 2010:
a. Public Trustee Investment Board
b. Sentence Administration Board
c. Legal Aid Commission
However, the member should note that enabling legislation for statutory boards and committees may prescribe requirements for composition and membership, including a minimum member number, or a range, of members rather than a fixed number of members for constitution of the entity.
(2) In relation to these three boards and committees, answers to questions (a) - (e) are set out in the following table.
Public Trustee Investment Board
Sentence Administration Board
Legal Aid Commission
Numbers of Vacancies:
Date vacancy commenced:
2 March 2010
Since 17 February 2010
i. Since 1 February 2010
ii. Since 28 September 2009.