Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 7 Hansard (1 July) . . Page.. 3250..
(7) What is the average cost of each recruitment process.
(8) How much is spent on advertising and the engagement of agency hire firms and contractors to assist with recruitment on each recruitment process.
(9) How many agency hire firms or contractors are currently contracted to each agency and/or the department and what are the terms of their contract.
(10) Will any contracts with agency hire firms need to be broken to enforce the ACT Government's policy to freeze recruitment of non-essential staff.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) As at February 2010 there were 40 members of staff on HDA.
(2) Levels on HDA range from the ASO4 level to SOGA.
(3) $310,527 in 2007-08, $363,767 in 2008-09, and $363,262 in 2009-10 to date.
(4) The average length of time on HDA is 8.5 months (as at February 2010).
(6) 45 Days
(7) This information is not collected separately and therefore is not available.
(8) The advertising costs and scribe costs relating to the graduate program were $17,100 (please note that future advertising costs will be $12,000 lower as we will no longer be advertising in national papers). Recruitment on average costs approximately $1,700 in advertising (outside of Govt Block), $1,000 if a scribe is used and $200 for various website advertisements.
(9) Two agency hire firms are currently used in the department to support four contracted positions. The terms of the arrangements are short term contracts.
(Question No 654)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 18 March 2010:
(1) How many staff are currently receiving higher duties allowance (HDA) in the Minister's department and each agency in their portfolio.
(2) At which levels are staff receiving this allowance.
(3) What is the total value of HDA that has been paid to staff in (a) 2007-08, (b) 2008-09 and (c) 2009-10 to date.
(4) How long, on average, has each staff member currently on HDA been receiving HDA.