Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 6 Hansard (24 June) . . Page.. 2566..
Housing ACT engage external consultants to support and maintain Homenet. The original development/installation of the application of $5.1m has been fully depreciated, and the system upgrade is expected to cost about $3.3m when completed. Software applications are amortised over 5 years so the amortisation expense will be about $660,000 per annum. The annual support and maintenance agreement has been costed at $230,000 in year 1, $384,000 in year 2 and $426,000 in year 3. The significant jump in fees relates to the system being estimated as only 60% operational in the first year and increases from that base.
Government-information technology services
(Question No 786)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Industrial Relations, upon notice, on 24 March 2010:
(1) What is the cost of the provision of information technology (IT) services per employee on average for (a) 2008-09 and (b) 1 July to 31 December 2009 for each agency within the Minister's portfolio.
(2) What is the marginal cost of the provision of IT services for an additional employee at the current staffing levels.
(3) In relation to specialist IT services, what (a) services are required, or have been custom-built, (b) is the cost of each and (c) is the depreciation cost of each.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
The response for Industrial Relations is included in QON 672 asked of the Chief Minister.
(Question Nos 787, 788 and 789)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Women, the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services and the Minister for Children and Young People, upon notice, on 24 March 2010:
(1) How many grants programs are administered by each agency within the Minister's portfolio.
(2) What is the cost of administering each grants program.
(3) What is the total value of grants paid during 1 July to 31 December 2009.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
The member should note that the response covers the entire Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services, (QON 934 also refers).