Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 6 Hansard (24 June) . . Page.. 2565..
(10) What (a) records of meetings are kept and (b) briefings are provided to the Minister and to other Ministers whose departments are represented.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
The response for Industrial Relations is included in QON 668 asked of the Chief Minister.
Government-information technology services
(Question Nos 783, 784, 785)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Women, the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, and the Minister for Children and Young People upon notice, on 24 March 2010:
(1) What is the cost of the provision of information technology (IT) services per employee on average for (a) 2008-09 and (b) 1 July to 31 December 2009 for each agency within the Minister's portfolio.
(2) What is the marginal cost of the provision of IT services for an additional employee at the current staffing levels.
(3) In relation to specialist IT services, what (a) services are required, or have been custom-built, (b) is the cost of each and (c) is the depreciation cost of each.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
The member should note that the response covers the entire Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services. (QON 931 also refers).
(1) The cost of the provision of information technology (IT) services per employee on average for:
(a) 2008-09 is $5,942. This includes desktop and business application support including InTACT staff costs; and
(b) 1 July to 31 December 2009 is $2,976.
(2) The marginal cost of the provision of IT services for an additional employee at the current staffing levels is $4,000.
(3) DHCS and Housing ACT both engage external consultants to support and on occasion, develop TM1 software, the Department's financial reporting application.
Annual maintenance and support fees for the whole Department are $58,864 (GST incl).
As at 31 March 2010, the Department has intangible TM1 assets at a cost of $321000, which have an estimated useful life of 5 years. Amortisation is approximately $10,781 per year for software which has not yet been fully depreciated.
The Department does not engage with any other specialist IT services.