Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 6 Hansard (24 June) . . Page.. 2545..
1-4 December 2009
Indigenous Cultural Landscape Awareness Training Workshop - Canberra
(4) Both the Flora and Fauna Committee and the Natural Resource Management Advisory Committee are expert advisory committees. Members are appointed on the basis of their skills, knowledge and qualifications to provide advice in their areas of expertise. Therefore, training has not been regarded necessary.
(Question No 742)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for the Arts and Heritage, upon notice, on 24 March 2010:
(1) In relation to each board, committee, advisory council or committee, or similar within the Minister's portfolio, including statutory authorities, government owned corporations and government business enterprises, what is the (a) name of the each body and (b) each body's function or role.
(2) What are the names, positions and qualifications of the members of each body referred to in part (1) and when do their terms expire.
(3) How many vacancies are currently carried on each body and how long have those vacancies remained unfilled.
(4) When will the vacancies referred to in part (3) be filled.
(5) What is the remuneration of each member of each body, annual or per diem as appropriate.
(6) What are the allowances of each member of each body.
(7) Which members of each body are required to travel to Canberra in order to participate in meetings.
(8) What is the cost, on average, per body meeting for those members to travel to Canberra to attend body meetings.
(9) Why was each member referred to in part (7) appointed to the body in preference to seeking local members.
(10) What was the total remuneration, allowances and travel costs paid to body members in (a) 2007-08, (b) 2008-09 and (c) 2009-10 to date.
(11) Do any members of each body have the use of a government vehicle; if so, (a) on what basis, (b) at what cost, and (c) did the member privately garage the vehicle.
(12) Is the use of a government vehicle included as part of a remuneration determination by the Remuneration Tribunal; if not, who authorised it.