Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 6 Hansard (24 June) . . Page.. 2519..
(1) No grants programs are administered by the Department of Land and Property Services and the Land Development Agency.
(2) The Territory has provided a one-off grant of $250,000, matched by private sector funding, to the Canberra Business Council Ltd for a study into a new convention centre for the ACT.
(Question No 680)
Mr Seselja asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 18 March 2010:
(1) How many vehicles are currently used by the Minister's department or each agency, what are their types and sizes and how many are privately garaged.
(2) How many kilometres are travelled each year by the vehicles referred to in part (1).
(3) What are the insurance costs for the department and each agency, including third party insurance for vehicles.
(4) What output costing methodology is used to allocate costs across the department and each agency.
(5) What are the top ten individual depreciation costs for the department and each agency.
(6) Which assets do the costs referred to in part (5) refer to and what was the initial cost of the asset.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) As at 31 March 2010 the Chief Minister's Department and portfolio agencies had fifteen vehicles as follows:
- Ford Focus hatch;
- Hyundai I30 wagon;
- Hyundai iLoad cargo van;
- Mazda 6 wagon;
- Mazda BT 50 utility;
- Mercedes van;
- Subaru Forester wagons x 2;
- Subaru Liberty sedan;
- Subaru Liberty wagon;
- Subaru Outback wagon;
- Toyota Camry sedans x 2; and
- Toyota Tarago x 2.
These are all four cylinder vehicles. Five of these cars are provided to Executives as part of their package and are therefore home garaged, additionally three vehicles are home garaged as there is no secure parking.
(2) For the year ended 31 March 2010 these vehicles travelled a total of 169,509km.