Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 6 Hansard (24 June) . . Page.. 2489..
Answers to questions
Marriage-same sex relationship schemes
(Question No 620)
Mr Rattenbury asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 25 February 2010:
(1) Does the Government have the legislative basis to make regulations recognising the current Tasmanian and Victorian schemes given that section 15 of the Civil Partnerships Act 2008 allows for the ACT to recognise other jurisdiction's same sex relationship schemes whether or not the law corresponds, or substantially corresponds to ACT law.
(2) If the Government does have the legislative basis to make the regulations, on what policy or practical grounds has the Government decided not to exercise its discretion to make the regulations.
(3) Does the Government intend to compile a list of overseas jurisdictions where same sex relationship schemes exist and make regulations recognising those schemes given that on 19 November 2009 the regulation making power was extended to include international jurisdictions with same sex relationship schemes.
(4) If the Government does not intend make regulations recognising international jurisdictions schemes, on what policy or practical basis is that decision based.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(2) The Government has not made a decision not to make regulations under section 15.
(3) Yes, the Government intends to make regulations recognising relationships under overseas same sex relationships schemes.
(4) Not applicable.
(Question No 624)
Mr Seselja asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 18 March 2010:
(1) What measures, in the Minster's portfolio, are being undertaken in 2009-10 to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
(2) What is the (a) budgeted cost of each measure in 2009-10 and (b) actual cost to date in 2009-10 of each measure referred to in part (1).
(3) How many tonnes of greenhouse gases have been abated by the implementation of each measure in 2009-10 to date.