Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 5 Hansard (6 May) . . Page.. 2063..
(1) Yes. In August 2006 the Environment Protection Authority received a complaint regarding amplified music from the Transit Bar. A noise measurement was taken at the Waldorf on the balcony of the affected unit. The noise was 12dB(A) above the noise zone standard for Civic. As this measurement exceeded the noise standard, it was not necessary to take a measurement at Transit Bar's lease boundary. Officers from the Environment Protection Unit attended the Transit Bar and issued a verbal warning.
(2) There have been a total of 32 noise complaints received from the Waldorf Apartments. The table below summarises when these complaints were received.
Number of complaints
Type of Noise
2006 - 1 Complaint
2008 - 1 Complaint
Toast Café and Bar
2002 - 1 Complaint
2003 - 3 Complaints
2004 - 2 Complaints
2005 - 8 Complaints
2006 - 13 Complaints
2007 - 1 Complaint
In relation to the Transit Bar, there have been two complaints received by the Environment Protection Authority. The first was in August 2006 as detailed in question one. The second was in April 2008 and related to noise from patrons. Under the Environment Protection Act 1997 noise from a person using his or her body is exempt and is dealt with by the ACT Police.
(3) Information on complaints referred to in Part 2 of your question are detailed in the table on page one.
Education—Building the Education Revolution (BER)—costs
(Question No 892)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 25 March 2010:
(1) What is the average cost of buildings, per square metre, under the Building the Education Revolution (BER).
(2) What was the average per square metre cost of buildings constructed by the Department of Education and Training in the previous year before the BER program.
(3) Why is there a difference in price if the two average costs referred to in parts (1) and (2) are not the same.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) It is not feasible to provide an average cost per square metre for each building and project under the Building the Education Revolution (BER) initiative. Individual