Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 5 Hansard (6 May) . . Page.. 2059..
RLF Secretariat - the RLF brings together the Mayors and General Managers of the 17 local councils in the Capital Region; State and Federal members with
seats in the region; and representatives of the Regional Development Australia boards in the region.;
liaising with the Regional Coordinator, NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet on regional and cross-border issues;
supporting meetings between the Chief Executive, CMD and the Director General, NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet;
supporting regular meetings between myself and the Mayor of Queanbeyan; and
supporting ACT participation in the Regional Development Council (RDC) and the Standing Committee on Regional Development (SCORD), the RDC's permanent standing committee.
BID's engagement in the region is primarily delivered through the RDA ACT. The RDA network is being established throughout Australia to provide a strategic framework for economic growth in each region. There are four key functions that underpin the role of the national network of RDA committees:
providing advice through consultation and community engagement;
promoting regional approaches to planning and infrastructure;
promoting whole-of-Government program approaches, policies and initiatives; and
community and economic development.
Roads—Limestone Avenue and London Circuit
(Question No 885)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 25 March 2010 (redirected to the Minister for Transport):
(1) Can the Minister provide details of the $7.6 million upgrade work being undertaken on Northbourne Avenue and London Circuit, including a breakdown of the spending and the timelines for each of these items.
(2) Is there any work planned regarding the on-road cycle lanes down Northbourne Avenue, such as widening them, converting them into separated cycle lanes or taking measures to avoid overlaps between buses and cyclists.
(3) Has any consideration been given to converting one traffic lane on each side of Northbourne Avenue into a bus only lane and what is the Government's position on this.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The estimated cost for Northbourne Avenue is $3.8M. The estimated cost for London Circuit is $3.8M. Both projects are expected to be completed by mid June 2010.
(2) This is a pavement rehabilitation project and all traffic and road cycle lanes are to be reinstated to the existing configurations.