Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 5 Hansard (6 May) . . Page.. 2057..
Senior First Aid
Australasian Inter-Service Incident Management System (AIIMS 22022VIC)
ACTAS Clinical Update Program
Certificate IV Frontline Management
Senior Fire fighter Development
Stage III Road Accident Rescue
Station Officers Development
Writing a Business Plan
AEMI, ACT Extension Design and manage activities which exercise elements of emergency management
(Question No 884)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 25 March 2010:
(1) Is there a department or division with responsibility for regional issues; if so, (a) what is it called, (b) where is it located and (c) who does it report to.
(2) What emphasis does the unit have in terms of economic, environmental, community development.
(3) How many full-time equivalent positions are involved in this unit.
(4) What are the objectives of the unit.
(5) What engagement does the unit have with regional communities, other local governments and their agencies, and other relevant organisations in the region.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Two units within my portfolios address regional issues as part of their wider responsibilities.
The Economic, Regional and Planning Branch (ERP), which is part of the Policy Division within Chief Minister's Department (CMD). The team reports to the Deputy Chief Executive, Policy Division.
The Intergovernmental and Regional Development Unit, which sits within Business and Industry Development (BID) in CMD, provides support on regional issues, in particular Regional Development Australia ACT (RDA ACT). This team reports to the General Manager, Business and Industry Development.