Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 5 Hansard (6 May) . . Page.. 2055..
(8) The average amount of long service leave per person currently held within Treasury is $15,836. These are calculated in accordance with the accounting standards which require a projection of future salary increases, the use of a discount rate to reflect the likelihood of when the leave will taken and the inclusion on on-costs when leave is taken in service.
The average amount of recreation leave per person currently held within Treasury is $11,589.
(Question No 878)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 25 March 2010:
(1) How much has the Emergency Services Agency spent on training programs in 2009-10 to date.
(2) What was the purpose of the training programs referred to in part (1) and how many staff participated.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) During the period 1 July 2009 to 28 February 2010, the ESA expended $341,028 on training. This amount represents only specific training costs and venue hire. However it does not include any costs associated with backfilling positions e.g. Overtime or Higher Duties Allowance.
(2) Business Unit Training figures for 1 July 2009 - 30 March 2010:
ACTFB RFS Comcen Operator
Operate RFS radio equipment
Aerial appliance Instructor
Instruct others to use aerial appliance
BA Van driver
Drive ACTFB BA van
Drive aerial appliance
Drive ACTFB aerial appliance
Use and ACTFB defibrillator
Drive under operational conditions
Drive an ACTFB appliance to an incident safely
Operate chainsaws and fell trees
ACTFB Comcen operator
Operate safely in the ESA Comcen
Required for FB 8 promotion
Operate specialist CBR equipment
Road accident rescue level 3
Operate safely at a road accident rescue
Road accident rescue refresher
Operate safety at a road accident rescue
Senior first aid certificate - ACTFB