Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 5 Hansard (6 May) . . Page.. 2012..
The LDA then monitored payments by Akron to its sub-contractors and continued discussions with Akron staff to help ensure local subcontractors were paid amounts as and when they fell due.
8. The LDA is unable to provide accurate advice on the extent of any actual loss that may arise. The final outcome will be dependent on the result of the liquidation of Akron which is currently underway. In this context the majority of the LDA's claim which was lodged with the Administrator in February 2010 relates to liquidated damages for the delays in completion of the Bonner contracts.
9. Akron, a Victorian based company, met all relevant ACT Government Procurement Board requirements that enabled it to operate in the ACT. At the time it entered into Voluntary Administration, Akron had reached practical completion of the Bonner 1A project and substantially completed the work on Bonner 1B2. Substantial work had also been undertaken on a contract at Crace. The ACT Government is not privy to the detailed financial performance of any Akron projects.
10. There was no evidence available to the LDA or ACT Government that this was the situation when Akron was engaged to undertake works at Bonner in early 2008.
11. Akron was selected in accordance with the Government Procurement Board approved evaluation criteria.
12. The LDA and the ACT Government have no knowledge of Akron's specific motivations for tendering for ACT work.
(Question No 700)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Land and Property Services, upon notice, on 18 March 2010:
(1) How many blocks have been sold under the land rent scheme in February 2009.
(2) How many of the blocks referred to in part (1) have been sold to (a) builders and (b) non-builders.
(3) How many blocks are leased under the (a) discount rate of two per cent and (b) standard rate of four per cent of the unimproved value of the block.
(4) What is the total value of blocks sold under the land rent scheme as at 28 February 2010.
(5) What is the total revenue the ACT Government has received from rent on blocks sold under the land rent scheme to 28 February 2010.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) No blocks were sold under the land rent scheme in February 2009.
(2) No blocks were sold (a) builders and (b) non-builders.