Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 5 Hansard (6 May) . . Page.. 1996..
The seven other top depreciation costs are all motor vehicles ranging in amount from approximately $3,500 to $4,500 each.
(6) The initial cost of each of the three assets identified at (5) above was:
$ 5,957, 979.90
GPS Glonass System
The initial cost of the seven individual vehicles, which are each subject to Finance Leases, is not collected separately. Collection of the information would require detailed research of relevant records. The Government is not prepared to invest the significant time required.
(Question No 682)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for the Environment, Climate Change and Water, upon notice, on 18 March 2010:
(1) How many vehicles are currently used by the Minister's department or each agency, what are their types and sizes and how many are privately garaged.
(2) How many kilometres are travelled each year by the vehicles referred to in part (1).
(3) What are the insurance costs for the department and each agency, including third party insurance for vehicles.
(4) What output costing methodology is used to allocate costs across the department and each agency.
(5) What are the top ten individual depreciation costs for the department and each agency.
(6) Which assets do the costs referred to in part (5) refer to and what was the initial cost of the asset.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Department has 10 vehicles. The following table provides details of these vehicles: