Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 5 Hansard (6 May) . . Page.. 1965..
Answers to questions
Public service—corporate credit cards
(Question No 473 supplementary)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Health, on 10 December 2009:
(1) How many corporate credit cards are used by employees of each department or agency in the Minister's portfolio.
(2) For what purpose is each card issued.
(3) What is the average amount spent each month on each credit card.
(4) What was the total amount spent on each credit card in (a) 2006-07, (b) 2007-08 (c) 2008-09 and (d) 2009-10 to date.
(5) What is the limit on each credit card.
(6) How much has been spent on any form of catering, including official meals, at restaurants.
Ms Gallagher: Further to my answer of 14 January 2010, I am now advised that the answer to question 6 is:
(6) In 2008-09 there was $22,755.99 spent and in July to November 2009 there was $4,928.97 spent on corporate credit cards.
Environment—abandoned shopping trolleys
(Question No 554)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 11 February 2010:
(1) What approach does the Government take to managing/collecting shopping trolleys that are abandoned on public land and what process is followed once they are collected.
(2) How many trolleys has the Government collected in each of the years from 2005 to 2010 to date.
(3) What is the cost to the Territory of collecting abandoned trolleys.
(4) What legislation currently governs the collection of abandoned trolleys.
(5) What avenues currently exist for penalising individuals who take/abandon shopping trolleys and how many times have these been used against individuals in the last five years, for example, were there any prosecutions/fines of individuals for taking or abandoning a trolley.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows: