Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 5 Hansard (4 May) . . Page.. 1637..
Tuesday, 4 May 2010
MR SPEAKER (Mr Rattenbury) took the chair at 10 am, made a formal recognition that the Assembly was meeting on the lands of the traditional custodians, and asked members to stand in silence and pray or reflect on their responsibilities to the people of the Australian Capital Territory.
Standing and temporary orders—suspension
Motion (by Mr Corbell) agreed to, with the concurrence of an absolute majority:
That so much of the standing and temporary orders be suspended as would prevent:
(1) any business before the Assembly at 2.30 p.m. this day being interrupted to allow the Treasurer to be called on forthwith to present the Appropriation Bill 2010-2011;
(2) (a) questions without notice concluding at the time of interruption; or
(b) debate on any motion before the Assembly at the time of interruption being adjourned until the question—"That debate on the Appropriation Bill 2010-2011 be adjourned and the resumption of the debate be made an order of the day for the next sitting"is agreed to;
(3) at 2.30 p.m. on Thursday, 6 May 2010, the order of the day for resumption of debate on the question that the Appropriation Bill 2010-2011 be agreed to in principle, being called on notwithstanding any business before the Assembly and that the time limit on the speeches of the Leader of the Opposition and the ACT Greens Parliamentary Convenor be equivalent to the time taken by the Treasurer in moving the motion—That this bill be agreed to in principle; and
(4) (a) questions without notice concluding at the time of interruption; or
(b) debate on any motion before the Assembly at that time being adjourned until a later hour that day.
Motion of censure
MR HANSON (Molonglo) (10.03), by leave: I move:
That this Assembly:
(1) censure the Attorney-General for his inability to provide effective ministerial oversight of ACT Corrective Services;
(2) notes that: