Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 4 Hansard (25 March) . . Page.. 1633..
the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Service, Youth Justice, Youth Connection, and where appropriate Care and Protection. The team will work with the young person, their family, and the other services involved, to develop an action plan that supports the young person to address the factors that are contributing to their offending behaviour and disengagement from their school and community.
The G8 project involves the development of a partnership between the schools of the Ginninderra Cluster and the Office of Children Youth and Family Support. The purpose of the project is to ensure that both systems work cooperatively to improve both the educational experience and social outcomes of children and young people.
One of the key objectives of the project is to explore available research and information on effective communication strategies to assist teachers in supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students more effectively. Themes and learnings identified will inform a model of best practice between schools and its supporting agencies. This has required working collaboratively with all stakeholders with the findings and learnings of the model being implemented throughout the wider school system in 2010.
Canberra International Arboretum and Gardens
(Question No 617)
Mr Rattenbury asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 25 February 2010:
(1) What is the total amount spent on the Canberra International Arboretum and Gardens since the project's inception to date and what is the breakdown of those costs for each year.
(2) What proportion of those costs was let to tender and what services have been provided under those tenders.
(3) What proportion of the total expenditure has been spent on consultants and what services have been provided under those consultancies.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1. Total capital expenditure to date on the project is approximately $14.654m, made up as follows:
In addition, recurrent funding of $0.4m was provided in 2006-07, $0.8m in 2007-08, $0.8m in 2008-09 and $1.020m has been provided in 2009-10.
2. Work undertaken by contractors and consultants has been undertaken in accordance with the appropriate procurement principles and directions. Strategic procurement plans have been prepared and approved by the ACT Procurement Board and the Department continues to work closely with ACT Procurement Solutions.